CBP Intellectual Property Rights Seizure Statistics FY 2016


Wearing apparel and accessories remained the top intellectual property rights commodity in fiscal year 2016 in terms of number of seizures, representing 20% of the overall figure, while watches and jewelry took the top stop with 47% of the total Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) value.

China and Honk Kong were the leading countries for seized merchandise with 88% (45% and 43% respectively) by total MSRP and 88% (52% and 36% respectively) in number of seizures.

Overall, the MSRP for all FY 2016 seizures was $1,382,903.001, which represents an increase of almost 2.25% over the FY 2015 number. The total number of seizures was 31,560, representing almost a 9.35% increase over the previous year.

All statistics provided by CBP can be viewed at https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Jan/FY%2016%20IPR%20Stats%20FINAL%201.25.pdf.